Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Assignment #1 Dr. Preston's AP Lit Comp Blog





Do you know what scares me more than AP classes?
Stupid people.
Now maybe i'm being slightly harsh, but if you have ever transitioned from, lets say "average" English to AP English you would think you'd died and gone to heaven. The students think different, talk different, act different. In AP, i find myself surrounded by kids that don't make me feel like Einstein. In fact, I'm more than likely on the lower end of the AP totem pole. This pushes me, and gives me room to thrive. It's like going to a gym. I once heard some comedian or another say he would go to a gym where everyone one looks fit enough to beat him up, instead of a gym where hes the most fit. If he goes to the "though guy gym" he has to push himself to bulk up and to work all the more to fit in, while at the gym where hes the most fit why improve? Hes already the best there? No challenge, no inspiration.  I truly feel I can relate.

Sometimes I worry that despite my efforts to be among high level thinks, I might drowned. To be up front I got 2's on all the AP tests I've taken including: AP World History, AP US History, and AP English. I don't ace all my tests, and some times I think I'm better off in college prep classes. I know though, if I did that, I would go insane due to simplicity. So here I remain. Aiming high, hoping working to success, but accepting and moving past my failures.

I know better than to expect this course to be simple, what kind of fool would that make me? But I am also aware that this class could possibly be more benefiting than half the others put together. I have your average high school student's goal to get an A, but I also aim to get a 4 on my AP Lit exam (the minimum requirement for my desired college), but more than good grades, I just hope to learn, so that one day I may not be at the bottom of a totem pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment